Re: [tor-talk] Does Tor need to be recompiled *after* the openssl update?

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 05:04:27AM -0400, hikki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> For those of us who compile Tor from source, does Tor need to be recompiled
> *after* the openssl update from our OS vendors?

"Maybe". If you are upgrading OpenSSL from a much older version then you
may need to recompile Tor (so it knows about the newer version and uses
the correct headers and such) but if you're simply upgrading from, say,
1.0.1e to 1.0.1g then you should not need to recompile Tor. If you
restart Tor it should use the newer version of openssl without issue.