Re: [tor-talk] US ip address

On 4/23/2014 10:48 AM, s7r@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On 4/23/2014 5:58 PM, Ted Jackson wrote:
I would like to change to an US Ip address when I want to?
possible?

You can set a static exit node in your torrc but that is not
recommended at all as it will have impact on your anonymity.

Follow up to Ted's question.  I assume he meant "use <some> US exit relay."

What of those that create & then login to webmail accts using Tor? Some providers / servers make it very hard to login, if using exit relays different from the country used when creating the acct. Some providers might not allow access at all, if using exit relays in *specific* countries.

Sometimes providers will present captchas or ask you to answer your security question, if the exit relay is different than when creating the acct. Sometimes, it just seems to fail.

I suppose one way around this is use encrypted mail & don't worry about anonymous login. But one may want to send messages from "anonymous location / source," to persons that can't handle encrypted messages.