Re: [tor-talk] TorBirdy seems to connect to the same exit node again and again

Hi Leeroy,

Yes, Atlas was a poor choice. Before you suggested searching the log
through Terminal, I wasn't even thinking of that possibility.

As for improvements: I think a) would be quite important. Using a better
port worked, as far as I can tell, and I was not aware that I put myself
in a very bad position when choosing port 25. But then my life is not
depending on TorBirdy, while other peoples' lives do, so maybe a hint in
the "Before using TorBirdy" advice or a warning message from within
TorBirdy could help those who are not tech-savvy.

Options b) and c) would be very luxurious, but option a) really solved
my problem, and seems quite important for those who come from a
different background.

Other things that come to mind:
"Test proxy settings" could be somewhere more prominent, for users like
me :) I am the kind of person that does not disable the warning message
that pops up when clicking on the TorBirdy preferences.

I am -manually- logging what exit ports TorBirdy uses, out of curiosity.
I will keep you posted in case something weird happens again.

Thanks for the help!
Sophie

l.m: