Re: [tor-talk] Clarification of Tor's involvement with DARPA's Memex

The common user does not apply to all threat models. If you are a high
volume recreational drug salesman, you must expect 0days and snitches.
If you however are merely a recreational drug consumer, Tor can cover
all of your security risks, because only low cost automated
investigation will be used against you. Traffic correlation and mass
surveilance are part of the NSA and will be applied to all kinds of
investigations once the fruit of the poisonous tree can be eaten.
Anonymization networks will be a substantial part of escaping
govermental terrorism if we won't be able to politicaly supress mass
surveilance and atm it very much appears we won't.

There are many ways to implement better anoynmity than Tor at a useful
scale, if low latency is sacrificed. Decentralized non-realtime network
protocols (maelstrom, bitmessage) are already beeing developed and might
work great for buying recreational drugs and watching censored adult
porn (which honestly is 90% of Tor's current userbase anyway)