Re: [tor-talk] TorBirdy seems to connect to the same exit node again and again

On 04/29/2015 14:26, Sophie Hassfurther wrote:
Thanks for all your input/suggestions. It is really helpful to see
things from various perspectives!

I like the idea of Whonix/Qubes or other VMs, but with my limited skills
I wouldn't consider that a safe option. Simply because I can not
maintain it.

So if I were to be dealing with extremely sensitive info, that could
possibly put me or others at danger, I would probably go for a
physically and locally isolated solution. Or communicate face to face.
Without bringing any devices. Obviously.

You are welcome Sophie,

My life has never been in danger due to privacy concerns, the same I am sure is true for most readers here, and Tor has never even came close to saving my life. I am sure this is also true for the developers of Tor and major Tor-related systems.

This is just a fascinating topic, and it is interesting how Tor allows to separate singular digital life, that most people have, into the more or less separate islands, not connected to each other. And once such separation is available, the natural question to ask is what is the highest degree of such separation that is achievable? And that is how virtual machines/Qubes/etc come into play.

It doesn't hurt to learn, all these systems are truly on the cutting edge of technology, and are very rewarding to study.

Cheers,
Yuri