Re: [tor-talk] Can't find the Link - How to install and run a Tor ExitNode?

n 04/11/2016 02:45 PM, I wrote:
>> Here is the best link for setting up a Tor relay:
>> https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-relay-debian
>> Roger (Dingledine)
> Is there one for Windows?
> I thought it was an option in the TBB but not so as far as I can see.
> Is it done by editing the torrc?
> I tried that but couldn't find the log file to prove it worked.
> The link to relay set-up refers to Ubuntu but not Windows.

If you turn your Tor Browser into a relay, you need to keep the browser
open at all times. Relays are expected to be stable, ie. online 24/7.

The instructions for Windows are meager to non-existent. I think there
aren't even standalone Windows builds any more:
https://dist.torproject.org/win32/ has last been updated in 2014, same
for the "expert vidalia exit bundle"
https://dist.torproject.org/vidalia-bundles/ . You don't want to run those.

So, generally, it is possible, but relay operation on Windows is not
officially supported at this point.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/