Re: Tor exiting: too many open files

On 8/8/05, Nils Vogels <bacardicoke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This morning I started my tor client, and this afternoon all was still
> good. This eveing when coming home from work however, I saw that tor
> had exited, and these were the famous last words:
<snip>

The first thing to check is that your limits are set high enough. I
don't know BSD but the usual command is ulimit or limit. The limit
you're looking for will probably be called file-max or fd-max or,
possibly, descriptors.

AGL

--
Adam Langley                                      agl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx