Re: Gentoo's response on them blocking access to their forums via Tor

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 10:26:33AM -0700, Brian C wrote:
> At Gentoo's LinuxWorld booth it was suggested that Gentoo would restore
> forum access to those tor server operators who altered their exit policy
> to disallow port 80 exits to the forums.gentoo.org IP address.

Hi Brian,

Could you drop by there tomorrow and try to explain to them that it's not
very hard to make web servers distinguish between GET and POST requests,
and that they could easily fix things to block POST requests while still
allowing GET requests?

If it's just a matter of them not knowing how to configure their web
server, I bet we can find a volunteer or twenty to help out with this.

If they have a deeper reason, I'd be curious to learn what it is.

(All the rest of you going to LWE tomorrow should do go chat with them
about this too. :)

Thanks,
--Roger