Re: Tor does not support W95

I believe this is because the crypto_seed_rng() call has no function in
win95 system dlls to reference.  Maybe Nick can weigh in on this.

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 09:36:20PM -0700, mark485anderson@xxxxxx wrote 3.0K bytes in 84 lines about:
:
: On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:33:05 -0400, phobos@xxxxxxxxxx said:
: > I'm looking for the actual text from the dos window when running tor.
: > Does it really simply say "Cannot start random no. generator"?
:
: [notice] Tor 0.1.0.14 opening new log file.
: [err] crypto_seed_rng(): Can't get CryptoAPI provider [1]
: [err] tor_init(): Unable to seed random number generator. Exiting.
:
: also get line two above with earlier version that supports win95 but is
: not anonymous. guess I can't have anonymity and a working version at the
: same time :-)
:
: >
: > As the website states, and multiple files in the distribution, tor is
: > experimental, anonymity is not guaranteed. :)
: >
: > On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 08:25:21PM -0700, mark485anderson@xxxxxx wrote
: > 1.9K bytes in 45 lines about:
: > : Thanks for the reply. Already gave you the error message below, but I
: > : will try to do as you request. Latest version works fine under XP, but
: > : my system is close, with the upgrades, to w98 and it does not work on
: > my
: > : system. Actually I am using Tor only for traffic that does not have to
: > : be anonymized since the last version was supposedly anonymous and, it
: > : turns out, after quite some time that it is not
: > : anonymous and has security holes. All my other tcp programs are working
: > : fine, including the old version of tor.
: > :