Re: reconsidering default exit policy

> > an even more important reason is that port 6667-6669 is often used for
> > remote control trojans.

> You could remote control a trojan through any port which was
> compromised on the host, I would think.

Yes you could, but a lot of standard stuff uses IRC ports.

Two months ago I was disconnected from the net by my provider because
of abuse via IRC. Luckily I only needed to mention Tor to get back up
again. That is: after blocking IRC.

Maybe excluding IRC in the default ExitPolicy would prevent some abuse
problems and frustration. And I can tell you: getting disconnected is
very frustating, up to the point of madness :)

operator space.