Re: Configured hibernation does not work after restart in an interval?

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 01:52:17PM +0200, Joerg Maschtaler wrote:
> i use Tor 0.1.1.22 as a server.
> The limit for traffic which i defined with option AccountingMax was
> exceeded for both directions in the given interval.
>
> In the logfile i see the following notice:
> ---snip---
> Jul 31 18:54:24.076 [notice] accounting_set_wakeup_time(): Configured
> hibernation.  This interval begins at 2006-07-01 00:00:00 and ends at
> 2006-08-01 00:00:00.  We have no prior estimate for bandwidth, so we
> will start out awake and hibernate when we exhaust our quota.
> ---snap---
>
> I'm not sure if i understand this message.
> Does it mean that Tor can't realize how much traffic occured before its
> restart although the restart happens in the interval?

Yes, that's what it means.

Is your DataDirectory writable by your Tor process? Is your Tor
process creating and upating a file called "bw_accounting" in the
DataDirectory? What OS, and did you install from package or source,
and did you change anything? Any other warnings in your Tor log?

--Roger