Re: Can governments block tor?

I think it's not so much the governments blocking TOR, they wouldn't need to. All they'd need to do is force ISPs to abide by the terms and conditions that almost all of them have of requiring you to NOT be running a server. TOR would count, you'd have your account removed and another node bites the dust.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Arrakistor" <arrakistor@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "tor_user" <or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2006 9:15 PM
Subject: Can governments block tor?

I am sure this has been answered before, but my email logs are destroyed.

Can  a  government  find  out  what  IP  addresses that tor originally
connects to in order to get directory information?

Regards, Arrakistor

--- avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean. Virus Database (VPS): 0632-2, 10/08/2006 Tested on: 12/08/2006 22:11:15 avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2006 ALWIL Software. http://www.avast.com