Re: tor trying to pop mail from random IPs on win32

On 8/20/06, Tor question <torquestion@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there a reason why tor would try and POP mail from random IPs while
running in Windows?  I have a log from AVG Antivirus that shows tor is
trying to POP mail.  The process number is tor's process id number at the
time that it happens.  Also, I do not have any mail client installed on that
machine that might be trying to POP mail

Your machine may be configured as TOR exit-node, allowing POP3 exit. Have you ever changed your tor config files manually ?

Greetings,

Nils

--
Simple guidelines to happiness: