correction (Was: Re: GERMAN JUSTICE MINISTER CALLS FOR LIMITS TO NET ANONYMIZER)

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 09:23:37PM +0200, Matthias Fischmann wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 08:23:45PM +0200, Niels Grewe wrote:
> > servers in Germany. What would happen to a server operator forced by
> > law to log individual future connections, but unable to do so, since
> > Tor doesn't allow it?
>
> there is an easy answer to this one: the cops you will talk to
> understand the technology better than Mr. Weichert, and most of them

My apologies.  I used the wrong name here.

Mr. Thilo Weichert is the head of the Schleswig-Holstein state bureau
of privacy.  Although he is more involved in legal and political
issues, he certainly does understand the technology.  I was meaning to
refer to Mr. Döring here, who has proven he understands neither
privacy technology nor policy.

sorry,
matthias