Re: Skype Call Traced

Thus spake Taka Khumbartha (scarreigns@xxxxxxxxx):

> On 8/26/06, Mike Perry <mikepery@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> <snip>
> >I also find it unpossible that actual watermarking was used against
> >this fellow as opposed to simple IP tracking.
> >
> i would not doubt that; that article about tracking anonymous voip
> calls is nearly a year old.

Academic research leads reality by at least 5-10 years.. For shit that
requires infrastructure changes (like this), sometimes 20. Also dude
had way too large amounts of false positives/negatives for wide-spread
use, if you ask me. Maybe possible for targeted use, but I would bet
they'd only haul this out if IP failed. They also would have to be
global/working with Skype unless they had his destination ahead of
time. And to use it against Tor, where you have no idea what the
nature of incoming traffic is to watermark.. unthinkable. Paper
actually says this if you'd read it.

Remember kids, tinfoil hats cause cancer. Research at MIT proved it.

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist