Re: tor can not start?!

On Tue, August 7, 2007 03:19, HF wrote:
> Aug 07 03:14:37.790 [Warnung] You have used DirServer to specify
> directory authorities in your configuration.  This is potentially
> dangerous: it can make you look different from all other Tor users,
> and hurt your anonymity.  Even if you've specified the same
> authorities as Tor uses by default, the defaults could change in the
> future.  Be sure you know what you're doing.
try removing or commenting out the DirServer entry from your torrc file (
http://wiki.noreply.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorFAQ#torrc )

it's the second time this problem appears, maybe a default
misconfiguration slip in the unstable packages? (I mean: DirServer looks
really useful if you want to test out an unreleased version in a private
tor network, but it's less useful when the program is released ;-) )

ciao

--
Marco Bonetti
Slackintosh Linux Project Developer: http://www.slackintosh.org