Re: MinGW compile error with rev 10888

On Sun, Aug 19, 2007 at 10:07:09AM +0800, Li-Hui Zhou wrote:
> > > In file included from or.h:121,
> > >                  from buffers.c:16:
> > > c:/Gnu/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/event.h:93: error: field `ev_timeout' has incomplete type
> > > make[3]: *** [buffers.o] Error 1
> >
> > That looks like a libevent error.  As far as I know, the best libevent
> > for mingw is still 1.1b.  Is that the one you're using, or do you have
> > a different one installed?
>
> I tried with libevent 1.1b without success. The same error happened. So
> it's not likely to be a libevent problem.

Try tor trunk now. I believe it should work.

I also think it's a libevent error though, since the problem is that
libevent's event.h has no idea what a timeval is. Tor has a workaround
for systems that don't define a timeval, but libevent should include
this workaround too. Nick, can you look further into this?

Thanks,
--Roger