0.2.0.5-alpha breaks cookiefile (was Re: error noted in)

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 07:46:07PM +0100, Robert Hogan wrote:
> > alpha / stable Tor, or Tor controller like Vidalia?
> >
> > The message is perfectly OK, and the problem its states is true.
>
> indeed, unfortunately it's confusing to the uninitiated who have no reason to
> suspect that their 'tor controller' has nothing to with their 'tor
> installation'.

Hi Robert,

I figured I should mention that Tor 0.2.0.5-alpha has a bug where the
controller authentication cookie is not written to the expected file.

http://archives.seul.org/or/cvs/Aug-2007/msg00227.html

This is fixed in trunk, and will be fixed in 0.2.0.6-alpha too. I
imagine this will inconvenience any TorK users that use cookie auth.

--Roger