Tor 0.2.0.6-alpha is out

This sixth development snapshot features a new Vidalia version in the
Windows and OS X bundles. Vidalia 0.0.14 makes authentication required for
the ControlPort in the default configuration, which addresses important
security risks.

In addition, this snapshot fixes major load balancing problems
with path selection, which should speed things up a lot once many
people have upgraded. The directory authorities also use a new
mean-time-between-failure approach to tracking which servers are stable,
rather than just looking at the most recent uptime.

https://tor.eff.org/download.html

Changes in version 0.2.0.6-alpha - 2007-08-26
  o New directory authorities:
    - Set up Tonga as the default bridge directory authority.

  o Major features:
    - Directory authorities now track servers by weighted
      mean-times-between-failures. When we have 4 or more days of data,
      use measured MTBF rather than declared uptime to decide whether
      to call a router Stable. Implements proposal 108.

  o Major bugfixes (load balancing):
    - When choosing nodes for non-guard positions, weight guards
      proportionally less, since they already have enough load. Patch
      from Mike Perry.
    - Raise the "max believable bandwidth" from 1.5MB/s to 10MB/s. This
      will allow fast Tor servers to get more attention.
    - When we're upgrading from an old Tor version, forget our current
      guards and pick new ones according to the new weightings. These
      three load balancing patches could raise effective network capacity
      by a factor of four. Thanks to Mike Perry for measurements.

  o Major bugfixes (descriptor parsing):
    - Handle unexpected whitespace better in malformed descriptors. Bug
      found using Benedikt Boss's new Tor fuzzer! Bugfix on 0.2.0.x.

  o Minor features:
    - There is now an ugly, temporary "desc/all-recent-extrainfo-hack"
      GETINFO for Torstat to use until it can switch to using extrainfos.
    - Optionally (if built with -DEXPORTMALLINFO) export the output
      of mallinfo via http, as tor/mallinfo.txt. Only accessible
      from localhost.

  o Minor bugfixes:
    - Do not intermix bridge routers with controller-added
      routers. (Bugfix on 0.2.0.x)
    - Do not fail with an assert when accept() returns an unexpected
      address family. Addresses but does not wholly fix bug 483. (Bugfix
      on 0.2.0.x)
    - Let directory authorities startup even when they can't generate
      a descriptor immediately, e.g. because they don't know their
      address.
    - Stop putting the authentication cookie in a file called "0"
      in your working directory if you don't specify anything for the
      new CookieAuthFile option. Reported by Matt Edman.
    - Make it possible to read the PROTOCOLINFO response in a way that
      conforms to our control-spec. Reported by Matt Edman.
    - Fix a minor memory leak when we fail to find enough suitable
      servers to choose a circuit. Bugfix on 0.1.2.x.
    - Stop leaking part of the descriptor when we run into a particularly
      unparseable piece of it. Bugfix on 0.1.2.x.
    - Unmap the extrainfo cache file on exit.