Re: geoip file open error message

list unsubscribe

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 7:57 PM, <phobos@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 11:37:34AM -0500, bennett@xxxxxxxxxx wrote 1.5K bytes in 25 lines about:
: Jul 29 07:35:58.028 [info] geoip_load_file(): Failed to open GEOIP file /usr/local/share/tor/geoip.
: However, the file is actually present and was originally owned by root, group
: wheel, with 644 permissions.  I tried changing the owner and group both to
: _tor, but it made no difference.  I tried putting a symlink to it by the same
: name ("geoip") into /var/db/tor.  Also no luck.

Sorry if this seems pedantic, but is the file the actual geoip file that
ships with Tor?

--
Andrew