Tor 0.2.0.30 does not bootstrap when "FastFirstHopPK 0" in torrc file

Hello,

Today, I upgraded my Tor client to version 0.2.0.30 (an RPM for SUSE
10.3 obtained from the Packman repository).

Because I know something changed with respect to the format of the
information supplied by the directory servers, I stopped the Tor
process, removed all files from /var/lib/tor, and restarted Tor,
expecting it to fetch information from the directory servers again.
After one hour, there was still no information obtained from the
directory servers. There was only a state file in /var/lib/tor. Using
Tor was not possible. After playing around with the options in the
torrc file, I was able to solve the problem by commenting out the
line "FastFirstHopPK 0".

Apparently, Tor 0.2.0.30 is not able to bootstrap when the
line "FastFirstHopPK 0" is in the torrc file. I wonder whether this is
a bug or intended behaviour.

Regards,
Erwin Lam

--