Re: running a new node

There isn't really a trust issue involved. It does take some time to get most clients to know you (generally not more than a day, I believe) and the stable flag will help quite a bit. You should probably check your ports etc, and look at your node on one of the tor monitoring sites (http://torstatus.kgprog.com/) to make sure that everything there is okay. Mine tends to use it's full allotted bandwidth (250 KB/s) constantly (in the realm of 20-40gb per day), but it's got a good stable history, handles exit traffic, and is marked as guard (which is an automated process).

Check to make sure that incoming connections are working and so forth - that'd be my first guess.

- John