Heads in clouds (Was Re: Abuse statistics)

Don't worry, Scar's just a typical overly paranoid privacy advocate.
Quite sad actually, given that such people were very liberal not too
long ago, and in fact, the very such people that might do or encourage
such amateur experimenting.

If you think about it, Tor itself is very much a clooge of the type
that might be thought of through informal experiments. It takes an
existing technology, strong encryption, and wraps data in it like a
Russian doll.

When people get their head so far in the clouds that they forget the
practical spirit that pioneered their own fields of study, it
thoroughly disgusts me. I want to hear less about worries about
completely neutered statistics, licensing worries, and other such
e-penis fights, and hear more about what we had before.

Let's bring back the spirit we once had.