Re: Tor does seem to not hide my system's IP JonDo dioes

phobos@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 08:22:03AM -0400, alexdonnini@xxxxxxxx wrote 0.9K bytes in 37 lines about:
: Vidalia is configured to send Tor traffic via proxy (127.0.0.1 via port : 8118)

did you configure privoxy, on port 8118, to forward to tor?

https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-doc-unix.html.en#privoxy

Andrew,
Thanks for your help. Your suggestion worked. Now, vidalia cannot start Tor but I suspect it's a Vidalia problem. When I start Tor outside of Vidalia it works and making the configuration change you suggested gets the desired result.
Alex