Re: No torrc in xBBrowser

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 8:00 AM, H D <hewudeng@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am running xBBrowser 2.0.0.15a and want to set
entry and exit and other things in the torrc.
Where do I place the torrc file in xBBrowser?

I am also curious about the add-ons "xB Browser
Customization". No description to find for it.

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Same, same, but different…

I would recommend you that you ask your question over at XeroBank's Forum (forum.xerobank.com).
You could build your own, however, unless you are good at securing Mozilla products, you might want to continue using xBBrowser.

Straight out of the box, Firefox is not safe to use with Tor.  It is susceptible to many side-channel attacks that could leak your real IP address.
The docs at ( https://wiki.torproject.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/Portable_Tor )  do not have any mention about the security involved in building your own.
As a matter of fact, I don't see any documentation on how to build your own Browser Bundle...hrm.

I only see instruction on how to use a web browser (Firefox) and a chat client (Pidgin).
If you don't know how to use a web browser, then you might want to check out ( https://www.torproject.org/torbrowser/index.html.en ) and take some time to read up on it.  However, since you've already used xB Browser, then I'm sure you already know how to use a web browser.  ;-)

If you're feeling adventurous, go ahead and build your own.
Otherwise, stick to free products that have been doing this awhile and have spent time (and money) on making sure it is secure from side-channel attacks.

Again, I would recommend you that you ask your question over at XeroBank's Forum (forum.xerobank.com).
Most people around here, if not all of them, don't appreciate xerobank.  So do not expect to find answers for your xerobank questions here.

Best regards,

- Kyle