Re: Bug: improperly bound listen addresses?

>      Okay.  However, one of us is confused:  you keep referring to a
>  connection, yet the code you quoted above shows socket() called specifying
>  SOCK_DGRAM, which means UDP, a connectionless protocol.

Forget about protocol. The socket()'s have been either
bind()'ed or connect()'ed. And thust they show up with
endpoints. That's what I'm referring to.

>  >That 'bind [local]' would honor a new -DNSClientAddress option.
>  >And optionally a new -DNSClientPort option. And since the name
>  >'resolv.conf' confusingly implies use of the normal system resolver
>  >routines, some clarity regarding its actual usage could be added
>  >to the docs.

>      Perhaps we could get Nick's and Roger's thoughts on that.  My guess,
>  though, is that their plates may still be overflowing with far higher
>  priority issues, though perhaps it could be added to the wish list for
>  the (probably far) future.

Was hoping for more discussion. Maybe I'll just open some
'bugs', now that the few things I noted are a bit narrower,
and leave them as placeholders. Wish there was a way to edit
the flyspray entries.