route of collision

At Wayne Madsen's [of whom I am not a fan, not to mention the Washington Post]
site, waynemadsenreport.com, you can read

    U.S. May Ease Police Spy Rules
    More Federal Intelligence Changes Planned

    By Spencer S. Hsu and Carrie Johnson
    Washington Post Staff Writers
    Saturday, August 16, 2008; Page A01

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/15/AR2008081503497.html?hpid=topnews

    The Justice Department has proposed a new domestic spying measure that
    would make it easier for state and local police to collect intelligence
    about Americans, share the sensitive data with federal agencies and retain
    it for at least 10 years.

    The proposed changes would revise the federal government's rules for
    police intelligence-gathering for the first time since 1993 and would
    apply to any of the nation's 18,000 state and local police agencies that
    receive roughly $1.6 billion each year in federal grants.

    Quietly unveiled late last month, the proposal is part of a flurry
    of domestic intelligence changes issued and planned by the Bush
    administration in its waning months. They include a recent executive order
    that guides the reorganization of federal spy agencies and a pending
    Justice Department overhaul of FBI procedures for gathering intelligence
    and investigating terrorism cases within U.S. borders.

    Taken together, critics in Congress and elsewhere say, the moves are
    intended to lock in policies for Bush's successor and to enshrine
    controversial post-Sept. 11 approaches that some say have fed the greatest
    expansion of executive authority since the Watergate era.

Etc. I don't want to deviate too much from the *posting guidelines*, so
in short, observation: it's [double negation] UNTHINKABLE that the U.S.
administration and Tor as it is are NOT on a collision route.

To get the idea, and using a *neutral* example, two large [loaded] vessels
navigating at cruise speed, say a supertanker and a large container carrier
can't longer avoid--no matter what they try to do--to bump if they have
entered in a collision route within a distance of ?! ... ten miles [no loss of
generality]. (Because of inertia.)

Maritime navigation aside, much more REALISTIC [less neutral] examples--whose
realism increases further if you consider that significant portions of the
U.S. administration, the army, the media tycoons, and of the collaborators
[*staunch allied*] would get a death, or a long imprisonment verdict at the
least would they be judged NOW by a similar court such the one has principled
in Nuremberg--more realistic examples I was saying, and on what can be
expected, can be discovered at, say, globalresearch.ca.

Consider also--and I am quoting from conversations I have had for xyz
reasons [by chance mostly] long time ago in Napoli/Italia with an university
professor on international law AND a Camorra expert for the government--no
one can name/knows [real names] from the top [topmost] of the hierarchy of a
mafia-like structure ... I mean, no one who is not part of it [top -- those
who really take capital decisions eventually] survives long enough to have a
chance to do so. [Maybe you can recall the case of people who are hijacked for
a ransom: if it happens that the former can recognize their hijackers, that
signifies that they will be killed]

Bush, Cheney, Rice, Blair, Sarkozy, ... and the others--these are exposed,
known figures ... vulnerable in a sense; at best [and don't even speak of
their *intellects*] they belong to a top-medium/bottom-high level.

Meaning: as things are currently, do not realistically expect much change from
a *new* president and administration transition [I am thinking here at the
route of collision with Tor in particular].

Hence here comes my [theoretical] point/question: what do the Tor designers
plan/think to do in view of the *crash landing* which [likely] is to expect?
What about the *zero-knowledge*-like mechanism I have proposed at the list
time ago? [Or any other mechanism which can safeguard anonymity while
providing incremental-as-a-function-of-real-evidences, LOCALIZED, and
TIME-LIMITED access to GIVEN investigators to Tor physical data?]

Because--and I am guessing--these are not peanuts-changes; not of the kind
that can be made stans pede in uno, when some other announcement will be made
suddenly, in contrast of things that become "quietly unveiled."

Other reading/teaching suggestion: "tonnara" what is it, how it works--maybe
there is something at wikipedia.

Cheers,

/Roy Lanek
--
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS   anjing menggonggong, kafilah tetap berlalu
SSSSS . s l a c k w a r e  SSSSSS   the dogs are barking, the caravan moves on