Re: Are different countries/areas entry+exit choseable?

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 10:53:51AM -0600, macintoshzoom wrote:
> to always set different countries/areas combinations for entry/exit
> chain, to lower the risk of unfair one-world-only profiling?

This isn't currently built in to Tor, though some controllers people
are working on can offer this approach.

The real problem though is that it's not just the location of the
relays. It's what ISPs your traffic goes through when travelling from
you to the Tor network, or between Tor relays, or from the Tor network
to your destination.

See for example
http://freehaven.net/anonbib/#feamster:wpes2004
and
http://freehaven.net/anonbib/#murdoch-pet2007

This is a worrisome and ongoing concern, but as far as I can tell,
just choosing your entry and exit relays by country doesn't solve it much.

"More research remains", as they say.

--Roger