Re: Paid performance-tor option?

     On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 13:17:58 +0200 Ansgar Wiechers <tor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>On 2008-08-19 Scott Bennett, persistently sending his mails without
>In-Reply-To- or References-headers, thus continually breaking threads
>for everyone else, complained:
>>      On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 15:49:50 +0700 Roy Lanek <lanek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> again quoted me without attribution:
>
>Remove the beam from your own eye before trying to remove the splinter
>from someone else's.

     This I've discussed here before.  Demanding the use of threaded mail
readers is silly for a low-volume list and is not required in any case.
And I don't have one.  There's really no point in rehashing the rest of
the reasons.  Check the archives if you really care.
     OTOH, failure to edit responses properly simply makes comprehension
of the sequence of messages very difficult.  Keeping track of who said
what when text from previous messages is quoted without attribution is
like trying to read a story with some or all of the characters' names
removed, especially when there are lengthy conversations in the story.
     Quoting pieces of a message out of order should be done only with
adequate notification that that is what is going on and should only be
done for some good and specific reason.  Otherwise the rearrangement, too,
can lead to confusion.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG