Re: Paid performance-tor option?

     On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 17:03:12 -0400 Michael Holstein
<michael.holstein@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> A lot easier to sell to WHOM? (Let's say you are Novartis ... who are those
>> which you are--implicitly or not, and slip of the tongue or not--mentioning as
>> a destination for selling attested, proven sneak-oil ... "a lot easier"?)
>>

>Management.
>
>When I approached the higher-ups about doing a TOR node, I needed to
>pick a repressive regime to use as the reason for doing it. I didn't
>think using our own country (equally repressive, for mostly the same
>reasons) would fly.

     That was the kind of thing I'd assumed would be obvious.  Thank
you.  I think my error may have been in assuming that it would be
obvious to anyone, without considering those who might never have a)
worked in the U.S. or b) tried to provide a public service on someone
else's money when the service isn't required by government.

>It worked, btw .. we ran one @10mbps for almost a year, until folks
>started raping online academic journals with it.

     Ouch.  Sorry to hear it. :-(

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG