Re: [OT] Off-topic posts

Am 21.08.2008 um 15:13 schrieb phobos@xxxxxxxxxx:

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 12:12:32PM +0200, sven@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote 0.6K bytes in 22 lines about:
: Tor-related are marked with [OT] in the subject. I think this is the
: least we can do for those who are just interested in the Tor stuff, so
: they can filter/skip those mails.

I vote for just kicking people off the list.  While this may feed into
their fascism/censorship fantasies, dropping the signal to noise ratio
doesn't help anyone search the archives nor get their questions
answered.

That is not exclusive, the owners of the list are still free to do that, but it will be difficult to make a clean cut. You can never avoid OT posts, and I wouldn't say they have no value in general. I prefer some (few) of these discussions happening off-topic than not happening at all.

I bet it's easier to convince people to use a [OT] tag than to convince them not to post OT-mails at all, but prove me wrong.

Sven

--
http://sven.anderson.de    "Believe those who are seeking the truth.
tel:    +49-551-9969285     Doubt those who find it."