Re: Tor im wont play youtube vids.

I tried this site:
http://www.techcrunch.com/get-youtube-movie/
You input a youtube url of a vid you want and it returns a generically named file.
Then add the .flv extension and it plays.

I did this throught the Tor im. Is this secure?

I realize I'll have to find my youtube urls in an unsecure manner using a non tor browser, but its a start.

Drake Wilson <drake@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Quoth John Mosgrove , on 2008-08-26 21:51:27 -0700:
> I've checked the _javascript_ settings and downloaded the lates Flash player, but no luck.

FWIW, using a YouTube scraper that respects HTTP proxy settings can
let you pull out the video data without having to go through the
untrustworthy Flash player (at the expense, of course, of having to
trust the scraper).

http://www.arrakis.es/~rggi3/youtube-dl/ is popular, as is
http://home.gna.org/clive/, though I can't vouch for either of them
from a security perspective, necessarily. Both are open source, so
you may examine the source to see whether it is doing something wonky.

This may be a useful tactic for using some major Flash-based video
sites with Tor in the present day in a more general sense.

---> Drake Wilson