Re: Which proxy to use?

----- Original Message -----
From: Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 21:13:06 +0200
Subject: Re: Which proxy to use?

> > > what are you trying to do, exactly?
>
> > I wana have ONE proxy app installed
> > Well, curently, I am using privoxy, which achieves
> > a) exit notattion striping, but it can not act as a b) reverse proxy.
>
> What's your definition of "reverse proxy"?
>
> If you simply want the proxy to process intercepted requests,
> you may want to have a look at Privoxy's accept-intercepted-requests
> directive.
>
> Fabian

Eh, smart counter question.

Basically, proxy(which acts as a reverse) and firewall are on one IP/machine(A) to which shall be send http or any other requests by clients.
All others services are on other IPs, like web on one IP and database on second IP/machine etc...
Clients always see IP of machine (A).
For example request to (A) for http, makes (A) forward that request to machine (B), which has a http server installed and sends it back to (A), which then serves it back to the client.
All headers, notations, IP...etc, must be exactly same as (A) served that request directly to the client.
Basically, each service has it's own machine and IP, but are all accessed through (A) and are served like (A) directly served them.