Re: Torbutton for Mozilla Thunderbird

This is potentially a less-than-ideal solution.

Torbutton for Friefox is carefully and specifically designed to address web-browsing privacy concerns, making the user seem to belong to the largest possible set of potential users. Simply sending Thunderbird traffic through Tor may not provide the desired level of anonymity. There are other  privacy concerns with Thunderbird, for instance, it sometimes broadcasts its hostname. Moreover, there hasn't been an anonymity audit of Thunderbird like there has with Firefox. There may be other behaviours like this which completely compromise the anonymity benefits provided by Tor.

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 14:33, Karsten N. <tor-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
James Brown schrieb:
> How can I get the Torbutton for the Mozilla Thunderbird?

I use ProxyButton for this job. I does a proxy switch to Tor and rewrite
my IP address in the header of the mail.

download http://proxybutton.mozdev.org/installation.html

Karsten N.