Re: Tor Project 2008 Tax Return Now Online

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 12:09:29 -0700
Robert Ransom <rransom.8774@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Also, remember that Tor's opponents would put much more effort into
> blocking Tor if it were heavily promoted in the Western media.  (China
> and Iran are not Tor's only opponents -- here in the US, misguided
> politicians want to criminalize operating a Tor relay (see S. 436
> <http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:S.436.IS:>).)

Oops -- I just re-read the bill, and it's somewhat less broad than I
thought when I first saw it.  It still seems to criminalize running a
Tor relay with a directory mirror, or running a Tor relay without full
logging, or running a Tor relay at all if you also run a web server or
provide an Internet mail-like service.

Robert Ransom