Re: The team of PayPal is a band of pigs and cads!

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 16:48:13 +0000
James Brown <jbrownfirst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> They block accounts of their user if users ised the Tor or another
> anonymous proxy!!!

I think the answer here is more complex.  I've used tor's paypal-based
donation account through Tor without issue for years.  Possibly, Paypal
has a bot detection program looking for many users logging in from the
same IP address.  This is similar to what Google, Yahoo, and others have
done.  If you happen to exit from a popular exit node, Paypal flags you
as potentially compromised.

I've attempted to have conversations with Paypal to no avail.  Getting
an actual human to talk to you with a clue about their security
measures is incredibly difficult.  Just try asking them for their SSL
fingerprint because you're worried about phishing.  When I tried, I was
sent to their abuse dept who were thoroughly unhappy I was asking
"suspicious questions about ssl".

--
Andrew Lewman
The Tor Project