Re: https proxy [was polipo]

>>> I can see it could provide some protection against...
>> No. Why do you think it could?
>  - because by default - lots of additional reasons...

The shim was just supposed to be a tool so you could hook into
an http[s] stream and do whatever with it, or nothing at all.
For instance, I've always wanted to cache static images and
pages coming in over https via Tor/Inet. Can't do that yet.

Throw this shim between your browser and your gateway,
tee it off into squid and you could save some significant
bandwidth.

With https becoming ever more popular and likely to be
everywhere soon, I'm sure someone will write the shim
sooner or later.

> (Tahoe LAFS / encrypted $cloud storage for your

dig :)