Re: [tor-talk] Reason Firefox version in TBB is so far behind?

On 8/2/2011 7:10 PM, Andrew Lewman wrote:
On Tuesday, August 02, 2011 19:55:48 Joe Btfsplk wrote:
Are there specific reasons for not using latest (or late-er) Firefox
versions in Tor Browser Bundle?  Is it primarily because the latest
version doesn't always work w/ Tor&  fixes must be developed for Tor to
deal w/ that?
It's the latest udpated Firefox 3.6 branch.  FF4 branch has been killed and
replaced with 5.  We have FF5 testing bundles. See
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/new-tor-browser-bundles-3.
Thanks. I realize the latest stable TBB has FF 3.6. Is the reason for delay in updating to latest FF version always for testing - to see if Tor works properly? Firefox versions used in stable TBB have always run behind the latest FF release - sometimes several versions. This may well be unavoidable for TBB developers. My original question - how does this affect the security of TBB users?