Re: [tor-talk] Tor Bridges No Longer Work

andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 07:02:03PM +0000, moeedsalam@xxxxxxxxx wrote 1.5K bytes in 44 lines about:
> : > If tor connects without bridges, then you really don't need them.
> : Well isn't it an extra bit of security so your isp doesnt know you are
> : connecting to TOR?
>
> It can do that, assuming your ISP is cross-referencing every IP accessed
> with a list of current tor relays.
>
> Using a bridge can also speed up your tor circuits if your connection to
> the bridge is fast. It would be interesting to test this configuration
> to get some hard data behind it.

My bridges are completely updated.

That I would receive an error stating "No known working bridges found"
(my wording)
puzzled me. To this day, I am unable to connect using bridges at all.
Nothing has changed on my box so I'm at a total loss to explain this.

Recently, someone posted a question to the effect that how does a user
know which bridges are active and which are not?

I'd love to know that myself. And bridges don't work from here.