Re: [tor-talk] Bug Remains: OpenSSL library does not load unless bridges are used

On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 3:52 PM,  <ming@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is a followup post on this issue which persists in Linux TBB 32bit, version 2.2.37-2.
>
> Any idea for the cause?
>
> What occurs when it doesn't list the library loading (is the library loading?) and why it's listed
> only on a TBB reload?
>
> Below is a copy/paste from my original post as a refresher:

Not sure I understand what you're talking about here. What is making
you conclude that the openssl library isn't loading?  I don't know if
Vidalia has any special rules, but with Tor, the openssl library is
always loaded on startup.  Tor may or may not log stuff about its
openssl version, depending on what (if anything) it wants to say about
it.

(If Tor weren't linking against OpenSSL, it couldn't connect to the
network at all.)

yrs,
--
Nick