Re: [tor-talk] http://torbrowser.sourceforge.net/

On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 20:38:13 +0200
"Randolph D." <rdohm321@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello
> there is preparation draft work done to get the vidalia Qt plugin out
> for the TorBrowser based on Dooble Web Browser 1.35 with lots of
> security improvments.
> Is there something to change on the drafted website?
>
> http://torbrowser.sourceforge.net/
>
> Can the Tor Onion be shown in the First Feature Box?

I refer to https://www.torproject.org/docs/trademark-faq.html.en.
Calling it 'Tor Browser' is a bad idea.

I appreciate the flattery with the imitation from the real torproject
site, but get creative and come up with something that is your own--not
a verbatim copy of the look and feel designed to confuse users.

Rather than working on the html and a bunch of unknown plugins, spend
more time working on the actual design[0], risks, and empirical evidence
showing dooble in the tor browser is more anonymous than the current
torbrowser with firefox. And no, a simple 's/firefox/dooble/' in that
design doc doesn't count as real work.

[0]
https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/design/

--