Re: [tor-talk] Successful experiment boosting the number of users using OpenPGP verification for file download

Werner Koch:
> On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 19:30, adrelanos@xxxxxxxxxx said:
>
>> verification is the least secure method, to the download page?
>> (You can see the design here: [3])
>>
>> A: 1 in ~11 users.
>
> Actually [3] is the same URL as [1].

Sorry about that.

[1]: www.webcitation.org/6IWk5h4E9
[3]: www.webcitation.org/6IX5bl92D

>> standards. However, while the number of downloads didn't
>> decrease, the number of signature downloads significantly
>> increased. Which is a good
>
> Well, that sample is actually a bit too small for any conclusion.

You can argue the results away pointing out many violations in
scientific methods. Just check the different page designs and imagine
if that could work, if the answer is yes and you are up for an
experiment yourself, try. :)

Old [1]: www.webcitation.org/6IWk5h4E9
New [3]: www.webcitation.org/6IX5bl92D