Re: [tor-talk] In which places is using Tor dangerous?

On 08/02/2013 03:36 AM, grarpamp wrote:

>> I've seen lines along "using Tor is dangerous" a lot.
>> Are there any stories on news pages that I could read on the topic?
>
> Foremost is often at your employer. Silly and unfortunate to mention,
> but true... even during some formal break and access room.

In recent years, I've seen articles about Tor being blocked in China,
Ethiopia, Iran, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. But I don't recall anything
specific about people being prosecuted for using Tor. I suspect that
active persecution is most likely in fundamentalist Islamic nations.

Although Tor is certainly not illegal in the US, Yahoo! Answers has
deleted a question about the issue
<http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130502043112AA9dl8z> ;)
And using Tor certainly attracts NSA's attention
<http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2013/06/24/using-tor-and-other-means-to-hide-your-location-piques-nsas-interest-in-you/>.