Re: [tor-talk] So what about Pirate Browser?

On 08/10/2013 12:49 PM, Jerzy Åogiewa wrote:
> Hello!
>
> It looks that The Pirate Bay will enter secure browser market,
> http://torrentfreak.com/pirate-bay-releases-pirate-browser-to-thwart-censorship-130810/ & http://piratebrowser.com/
>
> I do not understand why they do the same as TBB. Anyone know?
>
> --
> Jerzy Åogiewa -- jerzyma@xxxxxxxxxx

  Maybe they didn't agree with the recent removal of Vidalia?  In the
end, it probably has more to do with marketing than trying to increase
the privacy of their users.  I also don't understand why they're
releasing it as an exe and not a zip.  Seems like an odd choice,
considering the obvious exploit possibilities of an exe.

~Griffin

--
"Cypherpunks write code not flame wars." --Jurre van Bergen
#Foucault / PGP: 0xAE792C97 / OTR: saint@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

My posts, while frequently amusing, are not representative of the thoughts of my employer.