Re: [tor-talk] So what about Pirate Browser?

On 8/13/13, 1:41 AM, Î â wrote:

On 2013-08-10, at 11:42 AM, Roger Dingledine <arma@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Randolph, please stop calling your thing "torbrowser". I hope no users
are stupid enough to think they should get their Tor Browser Bundle from
you, but your choice of name makes it clear that you're not trying to
be a member of the Tor community.

Further to that point, that project's site at http://torbrowser.sourceforge.net makes an effort to further confuse users by mimicking the official Tor Project website, albeit poorly. I think this kind of deception raises some pretty major red flags regarding the goals of the 'torbrowser'.

Perhaps, if there's so much concern about this SourceForge project, list users could create one star reviews on the project page at <http://sourceforge.net/projects/torbrowser/>, and put 'fake' or similar in the comments??

According to the project page, there were over 300 downloads this week, and it's been rated an everage of 4.4 out of 5.

My 2 cents.