Re: [tor-talk] TorBirdy question

Gerardo:
> Hi,

> I recently stop using TBB in order to use a Vidalia relay,

We strongly recommend using TBB. And since we're going to dump Vidalia
soon, maybe it's not a good idea to go that way.

If you want to run a relay (which is awesome!), I suggest you use a
linux machine like debian for that.

the problem
> is that TorBirdy uses the 9150 port to connect to Tor (the port that
> uses with TBB), and the relay uses the 9050. I tried to change in the
> config editor the value
> "extensions.torbirdy.restore.network.proxy.socks_port;9150" to 9050, but
> id didn't connect to Tor.... in the end, I changed the TorBirdy
> preferences, from "recommendede proxy settings" to "custom...", using
> the 9050 port.
> Is there any way to change for real the port to TorBirdy in the config
> editor?

"Custom setting" is the only way right now. TorBirdy is under
development and in early beta stages. New updates are coming soon
though. Stay tuned and file a bug if you've found something went wrong.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Gerardo

Bests,
--
Nima
0xA4D4C009DB191C92A77B

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right
to say it" --Evelyn Beatrice Hall