Re: [tor-talk] Flattor: A practical crowdfunded Flattr-like incentive scheme for Tor relays

Overall I like the idea, since it forces no one to participate. Nodes
not interested in getting bitcoin donations, just don't get any.

What about bridges? Any way to reward them as well?

George Kadianakis:
> As a simplified example, if the Tor network has 4 relays with
> bandwidth contribution 0.05, 0.05, 0.3 and 0.6 respectively, and the
> user is willing to spend 1 bitcoin, Flattor will send 0.05, 0.05, 0.3
> and 0.6 bitcoins to each relay operator respectively.

Who or what verifies that they really severed the bandwidth they
advertised? Couldn't evil nodes just claim to have served 100x more traffic?

> I'm not even sure if such an
> incentive scheme is a good idea, but posting bad ideas to mailing
> lists is what the Internet is for, right?

Posting constructive ideas is always good. Even if the idea doesn't make
it, maybe another idea based or inspired by your idea may come up.