Re: [tor-talk] Flattor: A practical crowdfunded Flattr-like incentive scheme for Tor relays

>> If relay operators start getting money for their bandwidth, we might
>> end up with relay operators that are just in for the money.
>
> And you will also end up with having less operators who run relays just
> because they want to support the idea of privacy/freedom/etc.

Part of it is not directly the money, but a byproduct that makes it
harder for your node to be ranked to carry traffic. Even if you don't
care about money, you want to see your node being used (within reason
of overhead and anonymity) to satisfy your ideas to run it in the first place.
That's something an uncareful weighting to bigger nodes might disrupt
as well (ref: compass, I think).