Re: [tor-talk] Appearing American

On Sun, 18 Aug 2013 10:32:13 -0700
Gordon Morehouse <gordon@xxxxxxxxxxxx> allegedly wrote:

> Your best bet if you *need* an American IP is to use a VPN.

I'm sorry Gordon but I think this needs to be said. On a list devoted
to tor, recommending a VPN is not ideal. Whilst a commercial VPN might
buy you a geo specific location, at best it buys you /very/ limited
anonymity and privacy.

But, yes, if all you are concerned about is (say) a US IP so that you
can view Hulu, it might be acceptable. It depends upon your use case.

Best

Mick

 Mick Morgan
 gpg fingerprint: FC23 3338 F664 5E66 876B  72C0 0A1F E60B 5BAD D312
 http://baldric.net