Re: [tor-talk] Run the shell script

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 08:31:26AM -0400, krishna e bera wrote:
> On 13-08-23 06:46 AM, ???????? ????????? wrote:
> > Thanks much Seth for your effort and help but sadly I got the error
> > "Permission denied". I've googled and found
> > chmod +x start-tor-browser" but didn't worked, I think I've to
> > chmod all the folder not just "start-tor-browser" file.
>
> You should not need to chmod anything, the TBB was tested on Ubuntu and
> should work out of the box.

Unfortunately, some variants of Ubuntu have a new perspective on
whether to let users click-click on shell scripts. I think it might
be Unity-related?

See also https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/9091
but alas that ticket doesn't really have a clear explanation of the issue,
nor a clear best solution.

--Roger